Saturday, September 3, 2011

Soda Smackdown

Over the last 18 months I have created this nice pocket of fat on my stomach and lower back. You can call me Betty.  I am aware that  much of our bodies composition is determined by what we eat(I think it's between 80 and 90%, the remaining part is determined by exercise and genetics). I wish I could just kill it on the treadmill but dietary changes must be made if I want to ever see my abs again.

And no I don't want to hear how tiny I am in comparison to anyone else. This is about MY health and vanity. I wanna take action before I have to replace my wardrobe!

I love soda. It is all I drink. I even look forward to it. Man they are delicious. And the burn. Ah. I love the burn.  I also drink sweet tea at work when my morning Sonic drink becomes watered down.But they are full of sugar and apparently my metabolism has slowed down. I tried to cut back once and was crying by 1:45.True story. I called my aunt next door and she brought me a DP. Don't judge me, it's not heroin. I am only addicted to it like it's heroin.

Drum roll please...........I am cutting out sodas for 10 days to see if the aforementioned pooch takes notice.What do people drink besides soda and sweet tea and water? Also, I probably get most of my energy from the caffeine so I need advice on other ways to maintain my energy level.

1 comment:

  1. You are the strongest person I have EVER met.

    Soda (or pop, as I call it) is my life blood. I like coffee too, but pop is a daily must.

    I wish I could quit you Coke Zero!

    ReplyDelete