Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eat from home Challenge mid-point update

Our family is at the halfway point of out eat from home challenge and it has been virtually painless. Yay!! With the exception of a peach snowcone purchased by my husband(what was he thinking? I think he forgot), we have not eaten or drank out since April 1st. That is a huge accomlishment for us.
My observations thus far:
  • less trash by at least 50%=just in time for earth day!
  • more dirty dishes
  • +$200 saved, I actually saw the balance on Monday and was shocked to see that we had $200 more than what we usually have at this point in the month
  • I may have lost some belly fat from the somewhat healthier food
  • Sonic hasn't called yet to see if I am alive-which is a little insulting considering how much money I spend there.
I can't believe how easy it has been. It's like I made up my mind and a switch flipped in my brain.Confession: Knowing that I have that extra cash makes it easier to spend in other areas-like art supplies! This defeats the purpose so I may have to have a NO SPEND MONTH  or just deposit our eating out budget directly in to savings on a certain day of each month. I don't want to be deprived of take out treats and have no stack-o-cash to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment