Monday, April 4, 2011

Eat from home challenge-the rules!

April is here and you know what that means....My Eat from Home Challenge mentioned in my March blog.
The rules are as follows:
  1. no take out
  2. no deli prepared grocery items(This will eliminate the Kroger chicken and sides loophole that already entered my mind)
  3. no eating from the sandwich shop at my work
  4. no Sonic drinks on my way to work
  5. no dining in at sit-down restaurants
I did not start until Saturday because we were out of town on Friday and I knew we would be eating out(turns out we had Arby's for lunch and that was it).  But still that means I have to add a day onto the end of the month. So our family will be living by these rules until May 2nd. At that point we will be used to eating from home and hopefully have broken our take-out habit.

My first temptation was a dinner with two great friends who I rarely see on Saturday evening. I joined them for a short visit but did not order a dish for myself. Misty-1, eating out monster-0!

Anyone brave enough to join me in this challenge?

2 comments: